Family Fun! Take a Nature Walk!
Last minute budget-friendly family fun idea!
The kids will be back to school in just a few days. Squeezing in some last-minute family fun doesn’t have to require a long drive or spending lots of money. Many times, parents are trying to find simple things to do with kids that don’t require electronics. Here’s an idea the whole family can do – even your four-legged kids: Try a family nature walk and picnic! This is what you’ll need:
- Pick up a nature walk book that fits your children’s age group. (SAVER TIP: Borrow one from your local library for FREE!)
- Nature’s Playground (Authors: Danks & Schofield)
- Take a Walk book series (Author: Kirkland)
- Bugs are Insects (Author: Rockwell)
- Nature Close-Up – Seeds and Seedlings (Author: Pascoe)
- Paper bag to gather leaves, rocks, etc. to make a collage at home when you return
- Magnifying glass
- Picnic lunch
- Extra bottled water for the whole family (even Fido!)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and comfortable sneakers or walking shoes
** NOTE: It’s always wise to keep a first-aid kit in the car, just in case.
Not sure where to walk? There are some FABULOUS trails right here in our community! Check online for trails and maps of the area.